Lino printing is quite a simple printmaking method to learn, it’s quite easy to lino print from home whilst getting professional looking prints and without having to spend a lot of money on lino printing tools.
How Lino Printing Works?
Lino printing involves various steps to achieve the final print which are listed below:
- Lino printing involves cutting the negative space of your design into a block of lino, this leaves the design on a raised surface.
- You roll out lino printing ink which is then applied to the carved lino with a roller.
- You choose a paper to print onto and lay this on top of the inked block of lino.
- You then use a tool such as a barren, wooden spoon or press and apply pressure to the back of the paper.
- Pull the paper back and reveal your lino print.
What Can I Lino Print?
Lino printing can be used to create a variety of handmade products or gifts for family and friends, for some ideas see below:
- Handmade Christmas Cards
- Handmade Birthday Cards
- Handmade Artworks
This step by step lino printing guide will provide you with all the information needed to become a professional printmaker overnight from tools and materials to the types of papers or inks you need to lino print.